Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

fookin hell

INDIA | Monday, 29 January 2007 | Views [596] | Comments [1]

oh My gawd I don't know where to start to really the last few days have been a bit strange. Well we finally left Goa and got on the night bus which was a bone shaker to say the least. If you can imagine some likeit hot Marilyn Monroe the beds where she had a party it looked exactly like that. We were upbove the back wheel so we felt every bump on the road and hardly slept but hey ho. We got to Pune about 7.30 in the morning and decided that we would not stay there and keep going (after a 12 hour bus ride? am I mental????) so we got in a Rickshaw and went to the station and booked tickets to Matheran which is a hill station. We were the only white faces in Pune ( mine a lot whiter than Soph's) and when we were walking around everyone was staring and a group of school kids started screaming and waving at us. Was cool felt like one of the Beatles for a split second, me being Ringo obviously.

Anyway we get on the train with the help of this guy who happened to be going the same way. When we got on the train the lil Indians were asking to have their picture taken with us ( my Ringo moment came back yay) so we happily obliged. The carraige was crazy with all the kids on it singing and dancing and everyone screaming and banging things each time we went thro a tunnel. Anyway we finally got to Matheran ( after 21 hours of sleepless travel )with our dude still with us by which time me and Soph felt that he was more than helpful and starting to feel a bit stalkerish so we tried to loose him and thanked him for his help and went to a cafe and had some food. About 10 mins later he walks in sits at another table doesn't speak to us and just sits there. So we paid the bill and got away as fast as we could, bloody weirdo.

Anyway, we found a place up in the mountains 500 rupees for board and food which is pretty good and there happens to be a meditation retreat which we are welcome to join in. What a result.    So me and Soph go and join the meditation, it seems OK, we sat and listened to music which was cool to meditate to I guess. The next part we all have to get up and dance to music, was tempted to do the macarena but too scared it would catch on so just sort of swung my arms and tried not to laugh. my god these people are mad they were really going for it, it was a bit like being at a rave without the drugs. Frreeeaaaaaks!

So the next few days are spent with us making sure we are there to watch them meditate as it is so fucking funny, some even put blindfolds on and dance ( I would of bumped into a tree for sure by now ) and then they stand still and then start chanting guru, guru, guru.

Anyway we get chatting to a guy who tells us it is a sex cult!!!!!! Osho its called and he tells them that marraige is crap and you can shag who you like basically. No wonder they were all so blooody friendly to us. Me and Soph were tempted for a second but they were all a bit hairy and fat and thats just the women.

Anyway we have now left our lil hill station and got on the train to Bombay, oh my gawd. Operation Bombay began today. We had heard that you get robbed etc. here so we were extra careful padlocks on bags money belts down pants that sort of thing. The train was crazy you basically have to do a full on bundle to get off or on to it. Anyway we survived the train and I find out that someone has nicked my knickers that were in the front of pocket of my back pack. They'll probably sell them on ebay for a fiver thinking they are Ringo Starr's, the swines. Apart from that operation Bombay was a success and here we are yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bombay is cool. Such a lovely vibe here. We have booked into a Sally Army hostel and it is very cheap and cool. Gonna go and see the Dalai Lama on Wed 31st, so excited I could pop. Then not sure, we may stay here longer or then head down south to Kerala and chill out for amonth.

Soph has been offered a volunteer job doing conservation in Sri Lanka for 2 months which is an opportunity not to be missed so we will see what happens. I think she should go for it but will also be gutted to see her go as we are having such a laugh.

Anyway enough waffle for now. Will write soon Dear Diary xoxoxoxo

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

This article made me smile, nice one.

  njib-pound Jan 31, 2007 10:38 AM

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.