Existing Member?

Live as if this is all there is!

August 2nd

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 August 2008 | Views [696]

This morning Kyle was able to sneak and get a voucher for breakfast since we figured it wasn’t included with our cheapie room.  As time went on we realized nothing was included in our cheapie room.  Not only did it not have hot water and AC which we knew about ahead of time, but it also didn’t come with towels, and if you used one roll of toilet paper you had to buy your own!  So in the end it would have been a better deal to stick with the AC room, but of course we were trying to save money.  We had our own towels so that wasn’t a problem and I refused to buy TP from our hotel but we had brought that as well.

 

So we had a mediocre breakfast but at least we were on the beach with our feet in the sand.  We also paid a little extra for a fruit shake and it was super good.

 

After that we hit the beach again.  Another day of lying around.  It started to rain a little this day but it didn’t really last that long which was good.  We had lunch at Jep’s, which has bungalows you can stay in and a restaurant.  The restaurant has every type of food imaginable, Indian, Mexican, Italian, Thai, and Western.  We had some Mexican.  It was ok, everything is just a little different than back home, but that is the fun of trying everything.

 

After our long, hard day of doing nothing we showered and took a little nap.  Then we went to dinner at Silver Sands.  While we ate they were showing a movie, The Sex and the City movie, so we watched that while we ate.  I had already seen it but Kyle hadn’t and I heard him laugh out loud a few times!  When the movie was over we noticed there was a fire show going on on the beach.  Three men had flaming sticks and balls on chains and were swinging them around and dancing with them to the music.  It was very impressive.  All in all a very uneventful day but we enjoyed it!

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.