Existing Member?

Live as if this is all there is!

August 1st Koh Samet

THAILAND | Friday, 1 August 2008 | Views [746]

We had breakfast this morning.  The usual fried eggs with toast and veggies.  For some reason or other the food seems better and healthier out here.  Even when it seems ill prepared.  I am guessing that most of the food is fairly fresh and not genetically engineered like the crap in the states.  They of course don’t prepare the food as unhealthily as they do in the states either.

 

We then proceeded to switch rooms.  Last night we barely used the a/c and decided that we could save ourselves a lot of money by staying on the fan room.  It is 1500 baht ($45) for the a/c room and 800 baht ($24) for the fan room. So I went to the front desk and asked them the differences between the a/c room and the fan room.  They said that the only difference was that one room had a fan and the other had a/c.

 

So we switched and I swapped keys.  I then thought it wise to pay for a room through the weekend since it gets really busy during the weekends and if we went day by day we might end up not finding a room.  We moved to the room and it was as explained.  Same design, construction, and layout as the a/c room.  But of course with further inspection it was revealed that there were some discrepancies that would reveal this room as being unsatisfactory.

 

To start with I went down to let them know that our room didn’t have any towels in it.  They told us that we had to pay 100 baht per towel.  I decided that they could kiss my ass instead of charging for a towel, so I just went back to our old room and grabbed our old towels.  They had actually given us two extra towels in the course of our short stay in the a/c room so they wouldn’t even notice them missing.  I also grabbed a large white triple size towel that I can only assume to be a beach towel.  It is quite nice.

 

So now that we are situated in our new room we decided to venture out and get some sun.  It was very nice out again today of course; I mean how could we expect less.  It is beautiful, sunny, and with a nice breeze during the day and at night it likes to rain.  That is quite a nice schedule, I love the sun during the day and I enjoy hearing the rain around me as I sleep.  I believe someone is trying to make this a nice experience for us.  Not to insinuate anything of course.

 

We had lunch at the Silver Sands.  The food was good, but it of course wasn’t anything fantastic. 

 

 

Saw topless girl

 

Angy got mad at me for being on the internet too long

 

Lounged all day

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.