Existing Member?

Round the world in 7 months How will you know, if you never go?

London

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 20 July 2009 | Views [732]

The obligatory sightseeing photos... 
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye

The obligatory sightseeing photos... Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye

The following week in London was spent with my old school friend Rachel, and visiting a multitude of people. Abe called it “Ang’s tour of old school friends”, although we did meet with some people that Abe also knew! We caught up with Josh (a Vic Uni friend of both of us) for beers in Hammersmith, Emma (a friend from Melbourne) and Georgia, Gareth, Sasha & co at a bar in Soho (it was meant to be a pub crawl but we didn’t actually do any crawling!), Roby (this is where the old London school friends tour begins) at an awesome little café near Covent Garden, Judy and Matt at an Italian restaurant overlooking the Tower of London and Tower Bridge (and the bridge even opened to let a cruise ship through while we were there!), Katie and Joanna at a pub in Wimbledon, Zara for brunch in Southfields, and my uncle and his family for lunch at a quintessential English pub called The Swan out to the west of London near Reading.

As well as all this we managed to fit in a bit of sightseeing and shopping around central London, a walk through Wimbledon where I used to live (while the tennis was on!), and a trip to the Natural History Museum. Phew!

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.