Existing Member?

Round the world in 7 months How will you know, if you never go?

Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Friday, 10 April 2009 | Views [556]

Sunset in Chiang Mai

Sunset in Chiang Mai

The following day Abe and I continued on to Chiang Mai (on a very flash bus!), which is quite a nice city. The old town is full of places that do Thai massage, cooking classes, yoga classes, and TEMPLES. Lots and lots of temples. And then Abe spotted a brochure for a place that offers downhill mountain biking tours, so we went on a mission to find it so he could check out the bikes. Satisfied that they wouldn’t fall apart, he booked in for the following day. While he was off tearing up the tracks, I walked and walked around Chiang Mai, and then walked a bit more. I went to the day market, some temples, and a yummy vegetarian place where I had the most divine curry for lunch. Abe and I also checked out the night bazaar which was pretty touristy but we found one stall that did banana and chocolate roti (like a pancake) which made it worthwhile! On the second night we met up with a couple of people we had first met in Laos for a few drinks… which turned into a few more and then a few more… and we somehow ended up following some other backpackers to a reggae bar with a live band, playing drinking games and finishing the night on vodka and redbull drinks. Needless to say we were pretty hammered by the time we left, and didn’t get back to the guesthouse until about 2am!! Not pretty… the next day we did absolutely nothing except sleep and eat, managing to move no further than a few hundred metres from the guesthouse.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.