Existing Member?

Two girls, one cup of noodles

Sweet Tea Vodka

THAILAND | Thursday, 4 April 2013 | Views [356] | Comments [1]

Thai citizens visit the Big Buddha first thing when visiting Koh Samui to make offerings.

Thai citizens visit the Big Buddha first thing when visiting Koh Samui to make offerings.

Sadly, no sweet tea vodka in Thailand.  The name of this story coincides with how Jennifer and I made the decision to come to Thailand. Some of you may or may not know this, but Jennifer and I spent a particularly relaxing and vodka filled day in the pool in August, discussing what we were going to do in the near future.  We were both looking into other job opportunities but were unsure what would be a good fit.  Discussing our plans, we realized both of our backup plans would be to teach abroad for a while, both as a travel opportunity and to figure out what we wanted to do.  We decided, thanks to the vodka, that the travel & teaching should be the opportunity we explored for now, plus it would be less scary to go with a friend. Thus, the decision to come to Thailand.  

So here we are having the time of our lives.  The pictures for this story show our last few days in Koh Samui.  We've made a few friends here and it's been nice to have plans with people.  They've also provided invaluable recommendations about things to do on the island.  Enjoy the photos and somebody drink some sweet tea vodka for me!

Comments

1

I'll be sure to drink some sweet tea vodka for you ladies in the near future!

  Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2013 4:40 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.