Existing Member?

Two girls, one cup of noodles

Frisky day at the Chiang Mai Zoo

THAILAND | Thursday, 11 April 2013 | Views [556]

Sorry we haven't posted anything in a few days.  In typical fashion, Jennifer and I have been social butterflies, enjoying our locations and hanging out with new friends.  While in Koh Samui, we met a few people who came to Chiang Mai at the same time as us.  The first few days we:  

-visited the Chiang Mai Zoo, a 200 acre zoo that started as a refuge for injured animals.

-ate Mexican food.  We weren't homesick for Mexican food yet, but our friends said it got excellent reviews and they wanted to try it out.

-went to the night bizarre.  The night bizarre is actually set up every night, with an especially big one on Sunday night that is set up right outside of our hotel.  The Sunday market has better options, in our opinion, but both are fun.  

-hiked to a waterfall.  This waterfall had 10 levels of waterfall.  We started at the 4th level and climbed up to the 10th level.  

-and hung out at the best jazz bar ever.  At the waterfall, we met a few Americans (the first Americans we've met since arriving 3 weeks ago!) who told us about the jazz bar.  They said (and this is how they hooked me) they were going to see their friend from New Orleans play jazz there.  I had to go!  It was a blast.

A few pictures of our last night in Koh Samui are included, plus lots of photos of the zoo and our time so far in Chiang Mai.  There will be more photos of the zoo   once we get them from our Aussie friends.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.