Existing Member?

Around the World in 210 Days

Here we go again...

USA | Tuesday, 18 September 2007 | Views [768] | Comments [5]

Well this is it, today is the day, we're off to great places, up up and away... ok, so that is a little bit cribbed...ok a lot cribbed, but it sums it up nicely.  This has been a wonderful four or so days in New York, first because Jen and Aaron let us crash in their beautifully decorated place, and as mom is apt to point out...during our stay it was less than stellarly kept :), but they put up with us anyway, and even walked us around central park and chilled with us.  It was really awesome hanging out--last night I stared bemusedly at Curb Your Enthusiasm and realized the title is inapplicable to me, but it was fun listening to Jen laugh her head off and wonder what her neighbors thought.  Then Annie and I went to breakfast today while she toted a bag that was much bigger than she is at 6:45 am.  The wedding this weekend was amazing.  June looked absolutely beautiful and Mike looked so relaxed and happy.  It was such a fun ceremony.  They included this reading by Sandol Stoddard Warburg and Litany by Billy Collins.  It was really such a well put together wedding, and it was a wonderful wonderful time.  The gifts for the guests were little take-out boxes which we got to fill with any number of sweets.  (Clearly a high-light :)) and we got to catch up with a number of people from school including Sejal and Matt, and Derek and Jason.  So overall it was just an amazing time, and it just made me happy that two people that fit so perfectly have met and married, and I got to witness it.  The night before was a rehearsal dinner at a Korean restaurant where Andrew and I attempted to develop a taste for fish--unsuccessfully..but happily there was wine :)  I am on day 8 of vegetarianism, and day -12 on decreasing my refined sugar addiction (see wedding gift above :)  Finally we got to meet up with lots of friends.  Orion and his Liz -- who lived up to expectations to be both sweet and funny and Scott, Lisa and Eric. (Lisa and Eric by the way will be marrying soon enough, and after seeing them together twice now, I suspect will be a couple like June and Mike (and Andrew and me, of course)--are two people who work so well together, it makes you believe in happily ever after.)  Well that's it, our bags are packed and our flight to Dublin is at 7:00 tonight, and then well--hopefully our blog will get more interesting :) 

P.S.- Check out our photo gallery on the right for some weird pictures from the going away party.

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Yeah.. I would be throwing a going away party for you too had someone told me about this blog oh.... sooner than HALF A MONTH after it was created.

  disgruntled danmark Sep 18, 2007 6:31 AM

2

Spoiler alert on Danmark.
You don't want him throwing you a party.
He has a pathogen that makes him off limits.

I am sure we told him about the blog but he sort of screens our words.

I am very happy for you two party going animals. I am jealous too. I would be SOOOOOOoooooooooooo cool if I was world traveled.

Remember...my advice about Dublin. Say - "di dee dee dah diddly dee doe" and "top o' tha marnin' to ya" to the natives. They will love that.

  Rrrricardo Sep 18, 2007 11:46 AM

3

Everything Buckshot said is incorrect.

On a lighter note, when can i meet up with yall.. sometime around Jan?

  danmark Sep 19, 2007 6:09 AM

4


Mr. Danmark,
I will use the AK blog to talk to you instead of them because they have not confirmed that they ever even landed on the emerald isle. They are not only non-conformist but they are non confirmists.
I guess twins really are alike.
You will NEVER be closer to them than you are right now. You should galivant to Ireland and represent.
by january they will have forgotten you.

  Rrrricardo Sep 19, 2007 10:21 AM

5

as this is second hand so could be all wrong as it comes from father of the bride, yes they have crossed the rainbow, had a good flight (they didn't crash) and have had their first shower as the gist of the message was you had to keep ahold of the shower head or the water cut off after 3 seconds. Parker has ordered a dozen of them to install in the castle. I am with those others who would like to have daily updates from the world travlers so we can feel like we are there with you every step of the way. We well let you sleep by yourselves (and your 14 bunk mates) though as this blog must stay rated GP as I read everything to the grandkids. miss you love you have a wonderful time and do remember those of us back here slaving and toiling every day to make the money to keep the homes that you will return to and make merry messes in. mom

  mardi Sep 20, 2007 7:05 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.