Existing Member?

Around the World in 210 Days

A House, An Inspector, and More

USA | Sunday, 29 March 2009 | Views [771] | Comments [1]

So we are continuing our journey, this time to a house.  We began looking for a house when we came back to Austin last April/May--I can't believe we have been here for a year. Anyway, surprise, surprise (And somehow it really was a surprise), the bank wanted one of us to have a job before they would loan us money.  After a quick game of rock paper scissors, Andrew was forced to get a job :)  Alex put some of her networking magic to the test, and met up with someone who knew someone who needed an Andrew.  Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking...who doesn't need an Andrew.  Well it was hard at first, after going more than a year spending every day with each other, spending more than 20 hours a day with each other, having Andrew get a job was really tough.  There were forlorn goodbyes, accusing phone calls when Andrew would call home around noon to hear a "suspicously" sleepy sounding Alex who had been 'looking for a job'.  But Andrew found a good job with a good company, and in his spare time has shot two weddings and a short film.  Anyway, with our apartment lease pending, having been burgled in March, and finally deciding that a bean bag does not constitute a spare bedroom, we have made the leap.  We found a real estate agent, looked at 60 or so houses, and have finally found one.  It is 2 stories, pretty generic looking, but hopefully it will be ours in two weeks.  We will detail the process in the next few days and all the ins and outs of foundation, plumbing, and banking.

Comments

1

You do realize that if you post information or any form of communication you risk hearing comments from me? Right? You do get that don't you?

  richard Jun 9, 2009 2:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.