Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Thai massage

CAMBODIA | Wednesday, 26 September 2012 | Views [1035] | Comments [1]

In Chiang Mai on every corner in the old city at night and some time in the day, you are offered massage! I am sure every fourth shop is also " massage for you lady", I have been offered more massages that tuk tuk's. but l did have a great massage and discovered that "traditional Thai massage" means " dig elbows in white woman's back and make her yell". Holy Molly! 

I was only after a leg massage ( can't have a pedicure as l did that bloody walk and lost a few toe nails). Of course there was a special on, just for me, my lucky day! Half foot/ leg and then back and neck, why not l thought. All this for a small 200 baht which is about 6 dollars, oh for an hour.

longest hour ever. The foot/leg bit was damn good, but the next bit l knew l was in for it as their was a Chinese girl having the same thing and she kept yelling out and the bossy masseuse lady kept telling her " no eeeeee"! I actually thought the Chinese girl was a bit soft, how bad could it be right? 

Having the elbows of a very strong Thai woman pushed into the sides of your spine is a little bit nice, until she does it again and again, l tried hard to stay relaxed but it was impossible, she asked if it was hurting, l replied with a high pitched yes, but she did'nt bloody ease off! But as much as it was so painful, it was also so nice? I don't even understand. 

l politely told her, yes l will be back, but no l won't make an appointment! 

Comments

1

Hahaha!!! Love it. Those little ladies have the strength of a small army!!

  Lindee Sep 27, 2012 8:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.