Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Kuala Lumpur

MALAYSIA | Friday, 24 December 2010 | Views [514]

We arrive in KL early evening after a very hassle free Air Aisa flight.

Feeling sad that we have left Cambodia but also feeling relaxed we pay the Taxi coupon stand for a taxi into the city and to our hotel “Sky Hotel”. Same as on the way over, they will not let us have a budget taxi as there are three of us, so have to pay 102.10 RMB for the luxury (debatable) car! Instead of 74 l think it is for the budget. Oh well.

The ride started off ok but then we realised there was something seriously wrong when the driver went from 130 to almost stopped, shook his head a few times and then blasted off to 140 again!!!! It was also drizzling with rain and roads all wet, this man was in the left lane and would nod off to sleep and before l could hit him or yell at him, would wake up in the right lane having coasted across three lanes of traffic!!!! Bruce was just sitting in the front not really sure of what the hell was going on as he could not see that the man was falling asleep, Sam and l were watching him in the mirror!!!

We asked him to slow down at one stage and all we would get was an “ok ok ok ok”! He had no idea and l was terrified, once into the city l thought we would be ok as there was traffic and he couldn’t go as fast as he was on the motorway’s. At the first traffic light he pulled up and put his head down and went to sleep!!!!!! Bruce whacked him and off we went again!!!

Never been so happy to get to a hotel in my life!

And what a wonderful find the Sky hotel is! Only a few months old and they had upgraded us to a family suite as there was something wrong with the family room! Thank you! 9 foot across bed! Never seen Bruce once we got in there! Sam had an equally large single bed, bathroom was amazing and complete room for the shower!!! With a SCREEN!!!! Whoo Hoo! A small room to watch telly in, and just a wonderfully large clean room. Staff very gorgeous and friendly.  So we thank our lucky stars and Gods that we survived the worst taxi ride ever and have found a new hotel in KL that is just perfect! Jalan Alor for tea and even though it drizzled rain, we are not so worried! Still talking about our taxi ride!!!!

Up for breakfast, and off to the Malls, Pavilion was first, we didn’t have time for this last time and it is a very spectacular place! Very ritzy and we felt a bit out of place here, bought a few T Shirts in Parkinson’s and left for our Fav malls of Sungie Wang and BB. Where we spent the rest of the day and bought all our tea and spices!

We had paid for a late check out at the hotel, which was one of the best ideas we’ve had! The lounge at LCCT (low cost terminal) is whoa full and thirty Aust each, so spending 41 Aust to check out at 6pm, was worth it, a nice shower to freshen up before our flight.

Get a taxi and all pile in, the traffic is so bad and he take’s us to the Indian Temple and goes on about his sister that he has to wait for?? What the!!!!!  We ask him to get going as we are now running late, it took us about 20 minutes to get to the temple. The sister arrives and is a taxi driver and we now have to change taxi’s as he is not allowed out to the Airport! He did not tell us this when we asked for the fare! We are now late and stuck in traffic!!!! She Devil taxi driver thought we had to be at the Airport at 9pm, NO we need to be on our plane at 9 pm!!!!! So once again we are in for a harrowing ride!! But l just want to be on that damn plane, so l just shut my eyes and she drove like the devil and got us there on time! She told us she would drive like the devil to get us there and she did. As Bruce said “If l had a racing team, l’d want her on it”!! She was pretty good!

So Goodbye KL and to be perfectly honest, l am still getting over the driver from last night and really not in a hurry to come back to you!!

Looking forward to getting home in time for Christmas Day, seeing the older boys and cat and dog! But cannot wait to get back to Cambodia, hope you have all enjoyed our  trip and keeping up with us.

KL

KL

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.