Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

The Beginning

MALAYSIA | Wednesday, 3 November 2010 | Views [596] | Comments [2]

We left the house in the charge of the Alley Cat and set off for Gold Coast Airport. Easy check in and wait. It was well worth the extra money for the extra leg room as Sam had endless room and so did we! Meals were good and we took our own snacks so ate our way to the start of our holiday!

Arrived in KL bang on time, easy through immigration and into taxi to the Swiss Inn, have'nt stayed at the hotel for a while, its getting tired but they are renovating. Great location and why we stay there, right int he middle of China Town!

We did a lap of the markets and Sam and Bruce bought the obligatory singlets! Off to our fav Indian place near the Hindu temple, no smashing coconuts tonight. We ate our roti's with almost a sigh of relief! Ah, felt much better and drank our lime iced tea too quickly! But what the heck, we'll order another they are only 65 cents!

Off to the markets again as they are now properly set up and lots more people, so atmosphere is fun. Sam is approached by every DVD seller in the market. I'm called young lady! And Bruce chats to every stall holder, who then think he'll buy something.

We are determined that we will try some fun food this trip, so chestnuts were the first buy, not very out there, but we are leading into the crickets in Cambodia! Eek! Sam then shouts us some wonderful sugary coconut thing!This is really nice. We find our favourite Satay man and order 16 and have a bitof a feast along with more lime iced tea!!!

We had intended on sitting and enjoying a drinka nd watching the markets go by, but are a bit weiry, so back to the room for showers and rest.

Up early to Ho Chi Min tomorrow.

will set off from the Gold Coast Airport, flight time is 9.05 am and arrival in Kuala Lumper is 3.10pm, so a lovely 8 hour sit, read, drink, eat, snack and movie watching.

 Time difference between KL and sunny QLD is only two hours.

We then head to China Town to the Swiss Inn, located right in the middle of the action of Petaling Street and the markets.  Dump the bags and off to our fav Indian place  off Jalan Pudu to enjoy roti's, curry and tea tarik! Sam will have fun barganing in the markets while Bruce and l enjoy a juice or two!

Saturday we are back to the Airport for the quick flight to Ho Chi Min City in Vietnam.

Satays in China Town KL

Satays in China Town KL

 

Comments

1

Have a safe, fantastic and enjoyable adventure!

  Desleigh Dec 3, 2010 8:02 AM

2

This is going to be fun, coming along with you on your journey!!

  Trudy Dec 4, 2010 6:37 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.