Existing Member?

My Asia I fell in love with Cambodia in 2002. I am fortunate enough to now be able to enjoy regular trips. I hope you enjoy following me and that the information is useful to some!

Kampot our heart!

MYANMAR | Wednesday, 10 July 2013 | Views [822]

We had a lovely day in PP tearig around in the Tuk Tuk doing out shopping and then picked up by the ever chatty Dara in the car and off to Kampot!!

Bruce has not been since Jan 2010 so was very pleased to arrive and settle and be back in our Cambodian home.

Dom and Denise are touring in Africa but we met up with Tori again who is looking after the Rikitikitavi and all the wonderful staff are there to greet us.

Romdoul and De now have their own place called Veronica's Kitchen just at the end of the new Night Market, which is finally finished, great food and great service. We also enjoyed meals at the Franjipani and Rusty Keyhole and of course the Riki!!

Friends from Aust met us here for 4 nights and it was so nice having familiar faces to show our fav place too.

We spent our time pottering about, a trip to Kep for lunch, it is changing so much! Not sure l like Cambodia's idea of progress but we cannot deny it to them.

Pepper at the Farm Link Coop in Kampot and a trip to Starling Farm, which was wonderful, out past the Secret Lake. Motos up to Bokor and finally are able to get to the Waterfalls, which once again progress has killed, possibly l will not bother going up here again. Push bikes around town and out to the fishing villages and night time trip on the Diva to the Fireflies, its really only one or two bushes of them but still spectacular.

So my sixth trip to Kampot was possibly one pf the best, although l did have a ball when Pita Bread and l visited in 2011. Can't wait to be back in January.

 

 

Travel Answers about Myanmar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.