Existing Member?

These boots were made for walking After spending a year on a University exchange trip I'll be heading back home to Canada at the end of November. I'll be taking a couple detours on the way home stopping in New Zealand and then Hawaii.

Picton

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 28 November 2005 | Views [483] | Comments [2]

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I tried to but the computer at the last place didn;t like me. Bungy Jumping was amazing. So much better than the one in Australia and so much HIGHER. It was great though. I was actually pretty nervous when I first saw it but I had to wait about an hour for my turn and by that time I was just excited and my nervousness had passed. I would definately suggest this jump to anyone who is going to Queenstown. The secret is to look out and not down when you jump. There is plenty of time to see rock rushing at your face after you jump. Jumping itself is really the hardest part for most it seems. After you jump it's all good and just a really fun ride. After Queenstown I headed to Franz Josef to see the Glaciers. I stayed at the YHA in Franz Josef and it was so much nicer than the dingy place I was staying in Queenstown where there were stains everywhere...the carpet, the walls, even the sheets! Gross. I was happy to get into a clean place and there was a free sauna which was great after the glacier hike. The glacier hike itself was amazing. I'm glad I did the half day hike. I think I was just too tired to be able to manage the full-day hike and I still got to see all that I wanted to see. Some great photos too! I'm in Picton now after a LONG 11 hour drive yesterday. I've booked myself onto the 7pm ferry to Wellington tonight. I should get into Wellington tonight around 11:30ish. I'm not sure how long I will stay in Wellington. I think I'm going to change my original travel plan to include the Waitomo caves so I might shorten my stay in Wellington and/or cut out Taupo. I'll try to update again in a few days. Thanks for reading.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

wow its only sunday here and i am reading about what you did tomorrow...crazy! i hope my monday is half as exciting as yours. Care

  Carolyn Nov 28, 2005 12:11 PM

2

wow...your trip sounds absolutely amazing! im still not over the whole bungee jumping thing! nz seems like such an interesting and beautiful place! keep having fun!

  shakira Nov 28, 2005 9:13 PM

About andrea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.