Existing Member?

These boots were made for walking After spending a year on a University exchange trip I'll be heading back home to Canada at the end of November. I'll be taking a couple detours on the way home stopping in New Zealand and then Hawaii.

Milford Sound

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 November 2005 | Views [531] | Comments [1]

First of all, thanks to everyone who made comments and sent me e-mails to see how everything is going.  I'm sorry to everyone who I was unable to respond to but internet ain't cheap.

Well, looks like my luck is getting better.  Yesterday I took the bus from Christchurch to Queenstown.  This country is so beautiful.  I spent the entire 7 hour bus ride just staring out the window.  There is seriously a picture perfect postcard view everywhere you look. Unfortunately, despite taking lots of photos none of them even come close to doing the real thing justice.

Today I took the bus from Queenstown to Milford Sound through Fiordland National Park.  The scenery was great.  The sky was cloudy but I think Milford Sound only gets something like 19 days of sunshine a year so that was to be expected.  It was amazing anyway.  I got back too late tonight to book bungee jumping for tomorrow but I plan to head down first thing in the morning and get myself booked in.  I plan to do the Nevis Highwire bungee.  I did the AJ Hackett bungee in Cairns, Australia but judging by the photos this is going to be a lot scarier.  I'm looking forward to it.  Check back and I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care.

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

hi andrea! good luck bungee jumping!! all i can say is you're crazy! he he

  shakira Nov 26, 2005 6:51 PM

About andrea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.