Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

st Kilda and City

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 18 December 2006 | Views [671]

Emma and I decide to set up camp in st Kilda which sounded good with beaches bars and easy access to the city and not a long drive from where we were …. Or so you would have thought..again AGAIN we get lost and spend a long time getting to this place..we park up for the day and explore st Kilda’s beaches shops and sights. Finally we have o go and check out cricket..surrounded by aussies we watch England finally surrender the ashes …cant quite believe it!

We visit the Elephant and Wheelbarrow bar which is renknowed for its “meet the neighbours cast” evenings and we decide to come back on Wednesday as it was all sold out for that evening.

The next day we get a tram in to Melbourne city centre ….and head straight for china town for our now customary dim sum (sim) all good and very cheap.

We look around shops on Brunswick street and feel chrismassy for the first time with people scurrying around buying presents. Melbourne is a very attractie city and we are immediately impressed with the surroundings.particularly the myriad of statues and sculptures often humorous in nature.

We have coffee at asmall hidden café between Lonsdale street and china town, this is where all the “EMO’s” hang out J we sit on pallettes surrounded by graffittee walls and intense teenagers.

Before we leave the city we explore federation square and the ACMI emma was impressed by its architecture…we plan to go back to visit exhibitions but in the mean time content ourselves with listenening to an an outside concert performed by two butch lesbian women….we cisit the info centre and plan our next couple of days before christamas…we look forward to the great ocean road drive and the neighbour evening.

Tags: ambassador van, lost!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.