Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

day 1 - MCG

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 26 December 2006 | Views [1336]

We get the train into Melbourne with Kevin and meet up with his friends who we will be sitting with up in the gods at the “G”….What an amazing sight the MCG is packed full of 90 odd thousand fans……jeff and family are all there aswell and due to some organisational cock ups it turns out we have a couple of spare seats next to them so emma spends the day alternating between sitting with me and them. The only downside is the disappointing display by englands batsmen and the mid strength beer that is being sold. It soon becomes clear that the only thing worth looking forward to is the imminent 700th wicket by the great warney….Wickets are tumbling and eventually warney gets his man…(strauss I think it was) the whole place erupts as warne does a football style celbration and emma is delighted to discover that she has caught this historic moment on video.

After the match we went to the transport bar …a nice outdoor drinking establishment off fed. Square….we catch the train back to the unit and meet a few oddballs on the train…isn’t that always the way!

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.