Existing Member?

Ana and Emmas Journal Adventures around the world

still towards melbourne

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 15 December 2006 | Views [679]

Left huskisson in jervis bay after dolphion watching and cricket, wernt sure of our next place to stop which is part of the joy in this way of travelling…freedom of being able to camp in a luxury caravan park or a car park!

As the evening  draws near and the cricket on the radio gets worse we pull in to a campsite in batemans bay and lay our heads to rest. Leaving early in the morning we carry on towards the lakes district. We arrive atr lake entrance a smll seaside town with plenty of motels and campsites we hedge our bets and free camp on the car park near ninety mile beach (which is only five miles at most) a broad expanse of sand with populated by juinior lifeguards all practicing their life saving skills.Not much nightlife going on but we find a small bar to watch the rest of the cricket and meet a couple from Melbourne who are here staying in their holiday home..chatted about crticket snakes spiders and bantered about accents with Australians clearly being the worse. We plan to meet uyp with them on boxing day at the test as they are both going. It turens out he is a policeman and says that we should be ok to camp out overnight at the mcg car park and sell beer out of the back of the van :) and he will be the first to visit with thirty of his mates!

Later that evening we return to the same bar for a night cap and have a slight run in with the owner when emma goes to the bar and fails to get the barmans attention.. a couple of helpful locals whistle up the barman on her belhalf…barman approaches asking angrily if emma had whistled…emma thinking he was having a joke at her expense sarcasticly says “yes I whistled” the barman goes on to say “if I were a dog and you whistled then fine but that would mean I would have to come round the bar and piss on you!!” …with emma still laughing thinking it was some boring joke he goes to get te drinks and pours the wrong one and returns back saying “you’ve made me realy angry im so pissed off” with a very harsh face and snarling teeth emma finally realised he wasn’t joking and explains that it wasn’t her that whistled but the two gentleman to her side. He turns away and doesn’t seem to care…a few minutes later he comes over to the table and apologises profusely saying he is glad he didn’t lose his temper with emma!

We head of to our lovely car park that is hime for the night and spend a penny in the public toilets before retiring.

The next day we go to the beach nd relax and discuss what time we need to get to mebourne. We have a brief excursion on some pedalo’s which wasn’t the most exciting 20 minutes we have spent on our travels. We received a meesage from jeff and Sharon  our friends from back home to say that they had arrived in Melbourne and decided to drive the rest of the trip directly to Melbourne to meet up.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.