Existing Member?

Olivers Travels A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Zimbabwe to Botswana

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 6 September 2007 | Views [481] | Comments [2]

Travelled from zimbabwe to Botswana on 5.9.07 journey was short at only an 1hr.  A group of elephants crossed the road on route, 1st climpse of such a majestic animal (More to come later).  Changed up some money into Palu (Botswana currency), so that ewe could buy lots of water and snacks.  We also treated ourselves to an ice cream, this is sucha change from zimbabwe shops, botswana shops r stocked full.

After a short stop in Chobe we then moved onto our campsite for the night Toro lodge.  Here we had lunch supplied by our guides Manda & Robson.  We then cleared the plates & had a quick dip in the pool before heading off to Chobe National PArk,  Chobe was outstanding, we took a sunset cruise, which means that the majority of the animals are on the move.  On the cruise we saw the following: -

Baboons, various birds including a fish eagle perching @ its nest.  Crocs @ the side of the river sunning themselves, our guide asuured us they could not get in the boat!Imparlas feasting on fruit that the baboons had dropped, lions eating there latest kill with vultures above.  What stood out for both of us were the elephants.  We saw groups crossing from the mainland to the safety of the island in the midle of the river.  HBolding on from tail to trunk in single file they ctrossed, little ones could only fit their trunks out of the water, the rest of them were submerged in the water.  Once across they gave themselvesw a mus bath with older eillies helping the little ones in & out of the pool.  AMAZING.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Sounds AWESOME!
I hope you've taken lots of pics! I'm looking forward to seeing them!
Loving and missing you both lots!
Joanna x

  Joanna Sep 7, 2007 5:50 AM

2

Oh my goodness you lucky pair, you sure are seeing some wonderful sights!!!!! The falls sounded great & now you get to see all those animals close up, truly amazing.
It was lovely to meet up with you both before you left on your trip. Thanks so much for the lovely wedding photos, I shall treasure them.

Take care xxx

  Jacky Pat & Laura Sep 8, 2007 2:23 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.