Existing Member?

The Traveling A team We begin our journey through New Zealand's South Island for 2 weeks, then onto the North. From there our adventure takes us across the Pacific Ocean to South America for 11 amazing weeks!

Chiclayo Peru!

PERU | Wednesday, 4 March 2009 | Views [543]

and another pyramid

and another pyramid

Back in Peru!

You can feel the energy buzzing in the streets, so much life, and so friendly to their gringo Amigos at a small price.

We got through the border fine, and we were meet by a gruesome site on the road to Chiclayo. A overturned goods truck on the roadside was burned out with its charred occupants pulled out on display. A testiment to the treacherous roads here.

We got to the northern bonito town of Chiclayo in the morning and headed out for a spot of archeology in the nearby village of Ferrñafe. Here was the King of Sican tomb in the Museum. Wonderful Metallurgy and ceramics on display. He was buried upside down with his head off for some unknown reason.We then headed off to a litle known park called the Pumac forrest. It hoasted two magnificent Huacas ( Pyramids) Crumbling away from years of errosion. Hucas Lucia and Loc Ventanas. We got to walk up to the top of the later, while archeologists were working away. They were suprised to see tourists in the know..!

The next day we headed to Lambayeque. To see the Museum of Sipan, the other cultures great leader. A very facinating and wonderful museum, complete with mechanised show at the end. We headed to see Tucume, a Pyramid park im a small town. In total there 26 Pyramids jotted around the landscape of this once great pre-incan civilisation.

Exhausted we headed in, next stop Trujillo.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.