Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

A New Direction for SALI

PERU | Wednesday, 22 July 2009 | Views [162]

Dear friends and supporters of Peru Mission, 

Greetings in the grace and peace of Christ.  We are thankful for each of you and all the ways you have loved, prayed for and supported the work of the gospel through Peru Mission.  We are blessed to be a part of what God is doing in Peru to bring his truth, love and grace to many.  

One of the ways God has fostered our ministry is through SALI, our language institute.  For almost five years SALI has been a place where many have learned English, built wonderful relationships and experienced the grace of Christ.  Many of you have experience the blessings of SALI firsthand. 

SALI is more than just an educational or economic transaction with our students.  At the same time, however it isn’t less.  There are budgets to meet, classes to fill, students to recruit and keep, etc.  Although we’ve grown significantly over the years in numbers, this growth has also come with certain difficulties.  Our current location does not allow us to receive approval from the Ministry of Education, nor allow us to become exempt from the 19% flat tax on all revenue. Additionally, although everyone knows how to find the current location there is no parking and the noise of the corner it is on is disruptive for learning.  Further, the landlord has refused to enter into a fair and reasonable contract with us. 

For these reasons, the Peru Mission board has wrestled for some time with how to best implement the mission and vision of SALI.  Recently we have come to the decision that in order to be good stewards of the resources of the mission it is necessary for us to move locations and this means that SALI will be closing its doors temporarily.  We hope to reopen very soon, but at this point we don’t know when or where.  We are working hard to find a new location and redevelop a strategic plan for SALI. 

As we make this transition please pray for us in the following ways:  that we will find a new location soon, that God will provide the necessary resources and personnel to reopen, that God will even provide a gifted and experienced administrator to oversee SALI and that we will live out the gospel together through this transition. 

One of the ways that you can help us do this is by being positive about the future of SALI, especially with any Peruvian friends you may have.  We know that this is difficult on everyone.   Please do not let this be an occasion to divide us or hinder the work of the gospel here. 

We anticipate SALI’s reopening soon and your partnership with us in it. Thank you, again, for the many ways you support us in the work of the gospel and participate in the renewal of God’s world here in Peru.  

In the hope of Christ’s resurrection,

The Peru Mission Team

                                                

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.