Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Visit to Parish Furniture

PERU | Tuesday, 28 April 2009 | Views [286]

Today I went and visited the woodshop with the Ueltschey’s. The “woodshop” is what most of us call our Parish furniture project. Parish made a trip to New York to a furniture show and is returning this May. In between, Tucker Robins has been to Peru and visited and we are excited about partnering with him. Parish makes some beautiful furniture and we enjoyed touring the facility where it is made and learning more about it. The wood is all from the jungles of Peru. It is eco friendly and all of the trees are ones that re-seed themselves. One of our featured woods is Pona. This is a tree that no one else has ever made furniture from, but it is really amazing. I have pictures of the wood in the gallery. It is the dark black colored wood. The color is not stain—that is the natural color of the wood. Parish employs seven local carpenters of varying skill levels. This ministry allows us to continue to build the community of Christ here in Trujillo. Be sure to check out my pictures of our tour and then the Parish website at www.parishfurniture.com .

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.