Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Full Day

CHILE | Saturday, 20 January 2007 | Views [514] | Comments [1]

The last day we did a full day around the park.  Or at least some of our group did.  We had a couple go horseback riding.  A couple took messages.  And a couple just stayed at camp.  So, 4 of us went on the full day.  We drove in a van to Lake Azul and hiked around there.  It was a beautiful blue lake that was so clear, you could see the reflection of the mountains in the lake like a mirror.  Lots of flora also to look at.

Next we went to the  Paine Waterfall and had lunch.  It was another great lunch spot.  The water fall and the Towers in the background.  (The Towers were also the view as i looked out my dome at the Eco Camp.)  Then it was on to another waterfall, a flamingo lake and then to another hike. 

The last hike we did in the park is called the guanaco hike because you literally are walking through fields and guanaco are everywhere.  Some don´t even move as you walk by.  It was a great hike and fabulous to see these animals so close.  We also had seen foxes and condors (btw, we saw 2 condors the day we were at the towers.  nice.) and all sorts of other wildlife on our rides from point to point.  We finished our last hike around 18:30 and headed back to Eco Camp.  There was a traditional Lamb BBQ waiting for us at 20:00.  It was our last dinner together and we all had a wonderful time with lots of laughter, memories and stories to share about the fabulous week we had in the park. 

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Whew! Just reading all of that makes me tired. You must be HRPED. I can't wait to see the pictures since I'm sure that's as close as I'll ever get.

  Dianne Jan 22, 2007 6:33 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.