Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Hustle and Bustle of Lima´s Airport

PERU | Saturday, 27 December 2008 | Views [330]

It is like coming home.  Middle of the night and Lima´s airport is all a buzz!  It seems like yesterday I was here spending the night again.  I, however, am learning as I go.  I found a quiet place with other over nighters that is a MUCH better option than where I had been bunking when sleeping here before so I am about to go and claim a spot and take a nap until my flight tomorrow morning to Quito!!

My flight was good.  I barely made the connection after being 2 hours delayed in JAckson and by the grace of God, my backpack made it!  I could not believe it.  So, it was an uneventful flight. . . other than my nice, but VERY chatty seatmate.  He is from Lima, but lives in Seattle.  I could tell you his life story, but I won´t . . . :)   Suffice it to say that he asked me out while I was in Lima, but I politely declined and explained that I would not be spending any time here.  He is on my flight going back to Atlanta the night of the 9th/morning of the 10th so I am sure I will see him again!  I do attract the most friendly strangers of anyone I know!

For those of you who are saying, "how many times do we tell her NOT to talk to strangers!"  Be pleased to know that I am getting better. . . I did not tell him that I was spending the night in the airport, for I am sure that would have been followed by an invitation to go home and meet mom and stay at their home.  And I did not tell him I was totally alone.  I said I was meeting someone in the airport, etc. etc.  So, I was friendly, but smart.  :)

I am excited to get to Quito tomorrow (Saturday) and then on to the Galapogas Islands on Sunday!!

Tags: airports

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.