Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Directions, Pineapples and Haggling

CHILE | Friday, 12 January 2007 | Views [367]

Thanks for the comments.  I like that everyone gets to come along for the ride with me.  Traveling alone you think you won´t meet anyone, but you always do.  As predicted, i was stopped today -- actually flagged down by a passing car on the north side of the island.  The ladies wanted to know how to get to Akeena Beach and i happened to know and was able to tell them!  It was too funny. 

I have been really lucky not to be running into or on the same schedule as all of the tour groups, but yesterday i kept leaving sites as one of the groups kept coming up.  so i kept seeing the driver of the tour minivan since he and i would be getting in or out of cars and coming and going at the same time.  i saw them three times maybe.  Well, today i saw him again.  I knew he would recognize me because he kept noticing me yesterday.  He came over and tried to talk to me and introduce himself.  I never got the name, because his English is about as good as my Spanish.  He did present me with a small pineapple.  I think he was hoping I would sit and have a snack with him right there at Tongariki, but no such luck.  I thanked him for the pineapple and headed out to the next spot. 

Also had some good luck at the Mercando shopping today.  Didn´t pay full price for anything and got at least 60% off most of it.  I do love a good haggle!  good times.

Tags: People

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.