Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Strangers Asking Directions and Other Observations

CHILE | Thursday, 11 January 2007 | Views [365] | Comments [4]

Anyone who knows me that a stranger just loves to talk to me!!  And if you,ve ever traveled with me abroad, you know they like to ask me directions in other countries.   And true to form, i was at the Tahai complex when a couple came up asking me the best way to get back to town.  Remember, i ended up at this point when i couldn´t find the road to Ahu Akivi. . . this was in the first hour on the island.  I pointed them to the road i had just come from, which i did know led to town, but they wanted the shortcuts!  HAd to tell them, sorry can´t help you with the shortcuts yet.  ask me again tomorrow!

I knew Angela would love that story.   This happened to us on a very crowded ferry boat going to an island in the Venice lagoon, but i actually knew the directions and was able to help the lady!  :)

Also, got a few photos loaded.  I am a little slow on the uptake on some of this tech stuff, but i think i have it all worked out now.  I am trying to remember and set my small point and shoot on small and raw so it will load quickly.  The pictures won´t be as good, but its something.  Also, Juan, thanks for the cheap tripod.  The picture of me at Ahu Akivi was taken with the tripod and self timer.  Glad it was a cheap one.  I broke a handle off of it by the time i got to Miami!!  oh my. . . You´ll be glad to know i didn´t bring the Bogen monopod.  Dad had one that was lighter and had a better quick release that i brought and have used a lot with the wind.  Don´t worry Dad, it is still in one piece!  :)

Okay,  its now 22:30 and i am going to find some food.  I´ll write again tomorrow.

Tags: People

Comments

1

sounds like you are off to a good start !
HAVE FUN !!

  R A Jan 12, 2007 3:10 AM

2

Ha ha. People only ask you for directions b/c you just look so confident and seem to know where you are going. Glad you made it there safely. Pictures are great! Looks like are you having good weather. HAVE FUN!!

  Angela Jan 12, 2007 3:34 AM

3

LOVE seeing the pictures! I showed them to Walker and he asked "are we going there?" AR in 2024 - here he comes! I personally did not think of a Sammy Hagar song when I read your journal, but glad you are having fun! The weather looks great. Keep the pictures and comments coming!

  AMH Jan 12, 2007 3:48 AM

4

I wondered who took your pictures.... you did.....

Loved the ride... I guess your practice in driving slow with your new truck at home prepared you for the driving on easter Island in 2nd gear.

I don't think that AAA has gas delivery down there so check that gas gauge. Ha Ha

Clainey

  clainey Jan 12, 2007 10:28 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.