Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

A Quick Update and some Replies to Comments

PERU | Wednesday, 9 January 2008 | Views [366] | Comments [1]

I finally got to ride in a 3 wheel taxi!  You see these all over and I´ve commented on them and loved them the entire time.

I finally got to ride in a 3 wheel taxi! You see these all over and I´ve commented on them and loved them the entire time.

All, Thanks for the comments and prayers! I love reading them from the road. Just to let you know, I am now in Ollantaytambo and off the trail. We will take a train to Agus Caliente tonight to see Machu Picchu early tomorrow morning for almost a full day and then back to Cusco tomorrow night.  The trail was great.  I´ll do a more thorough report day by day when time, but not one day went as David briefed me on.  We did the full trail in 2 days (that should take 3) and then today hiked from the end of the trail to Ollantaytambo (this part is normally by bus).  Because it is all about Alleen and she loves to hike!  So about a total of 45 km.  Good hiking.  Freddy and I thoroughly enjoyed it!  And I didn´t have to sleep at 4200 meters. .. brrr.  I don´t care if they say it is summer.  Who wears wool socks, pants, shirt, a good fleece, a coat, wool hat and gloves in summer?  Last night even at about 3700 meters, I think, I slept in long johns, hot water bottle at my feet, inside  liner inside my sleeping bag on a small flat camp mattress, then a thermarest under my bag and a brand new blanket on top of all of that and oh forgot, i had my coat over my legs inside my bag and my fleece on and my hat and gloves.  And I wasn´t hot at all!  But it was a great three days of hiking.  I did have some quality time in God´s glorious creation and lots of talks with him. . . sometimes begging for air or mercy as I was going up to 4300 meters and it was literally straight up.  I didn´t know my toes could truly touch my shins.  But they seriously did.  And then praising him for the flats or downhill.  This trek was more about the villages and people than the Andes and I truly loved that.  I cannot wait to give you more details and put pictures up, but for now a few replies to the comments.

Juan, I laughed outloud!  I did win and am still smiling about it.  So glad Maggie is doing well. You are the man! Elman has no chance of friendly love with guys like you around!  :)

Finney, ask the abrahams who El Beano is. . . cannot believe you haven´t heard that one yet.

PJ, thanks so much for the words!  Where did you find them?  I was going to email Allen Smith and make sure I had the exact words for our other favorite song.  I may have a del or el mixed up here and there.  Í´ll send them when I get them.  I am going to teach the 5 year olds at FPC in JAckson that song.

Marshall, if you are reading, or any others that loved to discuss the napkin size like we did. . . you will not believe the napkin I got today at breakfast.  I took a picture of it in my lap.  I know they thought I was crazy.  Will post when I am back with my camera cord.  I didn´t bring it on the trail.

Angela, I feel confident that the only reason I have not been asked directions is I haven´t been alone enough. . . .there is still time yet!  But yes, I thought the same thing and about that time on the boat in the lagoons of venice?  That has to be the best!!  Thanks for handling all things work while I am sneaking away.  Anyone realized I am not there yet or are you still pulling off a 9 to 5 like Dolly Parton and them did?

Andrew, I am so in for the Amazing Race parties. . . I have been thinking of ideas for your training video also.  I have to admit that when Sonny and I left Matthew and he was saying, "okay, go star peru, unless it is over $150, then go to this counter, etc."  I just looked at Sonny and said, "Let´s go.  This is so fun!" And then immediately, said "I am so sorry, I didn´t mean that. . . it is just so amazing race, etc."  I think he understood after I got my foot out of my mouth becuase I know nothing was funny about it to him, but it was really like an episode except for the camera crew wasn´t following us!  Shame on me. 

Sonny, I hope you are home or will be soon!  If not, look up Sam Love.  He is an intern from Jackson that just got there.  Great guy and friends with my family the Abrahams.  I think there is a Hood there also, but i cannot rememember if I have that right.

Mack, definitely keeping it real and did think at one piont as I was huffing and puffing up this literal mountain that this has got to be good training for the race so I can keep up with Mack!!  I think applictions are soon so we may be visiting Andrew before he knows it!!

Helen, i have some great photos of food from the trail.  You will be proud!  Check in a few days.

Take care all.  Thanks for keeping up with my travels and your prayers. 

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

As soon as you get back, we are invading Andrew's privacy and making an Amazing Race video!

  Mack Jan 11, 2008 2:45 AM

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.