Existing Member?

Lucille's Adventures in Peru Av. Fatima 820, #703, Trujillo, Peru --- www.perumission.org --- "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings

Trying to Get Home

PERU | Saturday, 5 January 2008 | Views [408]

All,

Just a very quick update now.  I´ll add an update for yesterday and today shortly.  We are in the Lima airport.  The flight from Lima to Atlanta is overbooked.  Sonny was supposed to fly home yesterday to attend his friend´s wedding and it was delayed so he got bumped to today with the rest of our group.  We prayed and prayed that he would get a seat, but it didn´t happen.  So, Sonny is now with me for the night in the airport at Lima.  I had planned on spending the night here waiting on my flight to Cusco tomorrow morning to do some traveling on my own before I got home.  So, while God has not provided Sonny a seat on the plane, He has provided him someone to be with him until he can get home.  He and I just booked him a ticket back to Trujillo tomorrow morning at 07:00.  Wes Baker, one of the missionaries, will pick him up at the airport and then assist him with finding a flight back to Jackson, as soon as possible.  There had been talk that there were no seats out of Lima to Jackson until weeks later.  We aren´t real sure of the situation, but please pray for Sonny as he travels back to Trujillo and then trys to get home to the States.

Everyone else on our team is through security and waiting to get on the flight to Atlanta.  Please pray for traveling mercies for them and that there will be no problems with thier flight. 

I tried to update the journal last night and typed up yesterday´s day and was literally pressing save when the computer at our hotel died.  So, sorry for the silence, but it has been an incredible week.  I cannot wait to tell you all about the last two days, especially today and what all God is doing in Peru.  Your prayers have been lifted up and felt over in Northern Peru.  Your part in this is no small part and I know you´ll also be excited to hear about what God has done.  I´ll update tonight or tomorrow morning.  For now, please pray that God will bring all of our group safely home.

Tags: Mission Trip

About alleen

Mi amigo, Jahad!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.