Existing Member?

From Masala to Bollywood and everything in between! Catch up with me and my time around South Asia

72 hours this side

INDIA | Tuesday, 11 December 2007 | Views [728]

Well I'm having my mixed feelings about going...yesterday I went to Rekha's (my dance teacher) house and as soon as I walked in the door her mom began to cry because I'm leaving so soon. It was such a sweet moment, and i began to tear up too. They've been my surrogate family here for the past 4 months, and I just hope I can get back to see them soon. In the evening I went with Rekha to the class she teaches at and to meet her guru/the headmaster. I was so nervous to perform in front of him and all the other advanced Bharathanatyam dancers. I performed my three items and the headmaster was very impressed and gave me lots of praise, only after grilling me on the meaning of the items i was presenting. Rekha said it's not easy for the headmaster to be impressed and she was very proud of me...so that was a relief I have to say. Now i just have to do as well at the performance for the school, which is tomorrow (WED) at 11:30 am. The school is having some guests in from out of town so I'm presenting for the school administrators, some of my teachers, friends, and these guests... probably about 25 people. I'm usually not nervous about dance performances... but for some reason I'm feeling it this time. Otherwise all else is well, and I'm pretty close to being packed and ready... just enjoying my favorite Indian foods, and things and savoring them as long as possible.

Tags: Bharathnatyam

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.