Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Daddy in Oki

JAPAN | Sunday, 23 May 2010 | Views [1227]

As most of you know, my Daddy came to visit us for two weeks this month.  We had so much fun!  So nice to see him and get big hugs in person!  Here's a few photo highlights of some of the adventures we had while he was here:

We took him to our favorite ramen shop in Mihama (American Village) to try the ramen, gyoza, and some Orion beer (made in Okinawa.)

We introduced him to our favorite soba shop north of Torii.  (It rained most of the time he was here - rainy season came 10 days early this year.  It was still warm outside, though, hence Brandon's short sleeves.  We were sitting directly under the A/C, hence my jacket.)

We met up with Megumi and Roger to see Alice in Wonderland.  We didn't see it in 3D because we would have had to listen to it dubbed in Japanese.  Evidently they don't like to do subtitling in 3D movies.  (Which is fine by me - 3D often times makes me ill.  Virtual Reality and microscopes both always make me extremely queasy.)  Still, we all enjoyed it.  Afterward, Megumi, Roger, and Brandon tried out the "Mega 3D" experience located in the lobby.  Eight minutes of 360 degrees of 3D...Daddy and I watched them on the TV screen they conveniently placed outside the room as advertisement.  We had quite a few good laughs as we watched them react to different things they could see, but we couldn't.  Quite fun!

Couldn't pass up an excuse to go to An An House of BBQ for some fun yakiniku.  We tried several cuts of beef, shrimp, and potatoes this time.  Lots of fun and very yummy.

Daddy enjoyed playing with the shrimp before peeling and beheading them.  Think impromptu  puppet show at the dinner table.  :)

No trip would be complete without a stop at the Beni-imo store.  Daddy was thoroughly intrigued with this tree they were shaping with bamboo struts. 

Daddy loved the Pineapple Park's free samples (wine, juices, cookies, cakes, pie, candy, fruit) and said his pineapple ice cream was delicious.

Met up with Megumi for lunch at Kenny's and a trip to the Zukeran Egg Farm and Zoo for outstanding cream puffs.

Megumi was impressed with Daddy's chopstick skills at lunch.

We had a Daddy/Daughter Day at Okinawa World.

Paused for a photo op.  Because of all the rain the previous days, the cave's stream was the highest I've seen and the cave was dripping on us almost non-stop. 

But we had a lot of fun looking at all the different types of stalactites and stalagmites, regardless of the extra water.  And it didn't take long to dry out once we were topside again.

Daddy got to learn about Eisa, Okinawa's traditional dance, and even got to participate in part of the show!

We had a wonderful time with Daddy and hope he enjoyed his time visiting our beautiful island, too!

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.