Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Smores Cupcakes

JAPAN | Sunday, 28 February 2010 | Views [1081] | Comments [1]

Happy little smores cupcake!

Happy little smores cupcake!

Megumi and I had a baking day this week.  We made smores cupcakes and had lots of fun!

Chocolate cupcake, marshmallow frosting, Hershey's chocolate chunk and crushed graham cracker to decorate.

Megumi and Roger enjoyed theirs.  Brandon and I enjoyed ours.  My work was introduced to the fact that I like to bake sweets.  These seemed like a big hit all around!

Our first batch of marshmallow frosting produced this:

Megumi called it "gorgeous" and thought we should add some gold to it like the Piednue chocolate mousse.  Unfortunately, we had cupcake papers on the cupcakes, so the "gorgeous" frosting just made a mess.  We changed the mixture a bit, turned on the dehumidifier, and the rest of the frosting was a success.

A very fun and successful baking day!

---Arielle

Comments

1

Yummy.. if you have any left, why don't you drop some by mine tonight. I miss real marshmallows (one's that aren't weird pink vanilla flavor).. and real chocolate (Hershey's).. and graham crackers (nothing similar exists in the UK). I wonder if there is a local US army base I could shop for American supplies?!

  Mel Mar 4, 2010 6:00 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.