Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Harajuku & Ikebukuro

JAPAN | Thursday, 3 December 2009 | Views [995]

Clockwise - Arielle & baby Iori, Brandon, Mom Tomita, Kanji, Sakurako, Shinta & Fuku-chan

Clockwise - Arielle & baby Iori, Brandon, Mom Tomita, Kanji, Sakurako, Shinta & Fuku-chan

We got to meet up with one of Brandon's relatives who lives in Tokyo our last full day of our trip.  It was fun to meet up with Kevin for lunch and then a trip over to Harajuku.  This was Brandon's first time to the famous Takeshita Street in Harajuku, best known for being on the cutting edge of teenage clothing trends.  It was definitely interesting and crowded.  :)  

Brandon and I caught the train over to Ikebukuro and walked around the neighborhood I spent the majority of my previous times in Tokyo.  It was fun to stop into some of my favorite stores and just wander a few of the streets to see what had changed.  We met up with the Tomita family, one of my former host families, for dinner at their apartment.  We had a wonderful evening!  My host brothers have grown up so much (it's been 4 1/2 years since I saw them last!) and we got to meet Sakurako's adorable 3 month old baby, Iori.  So much fun!  Check out the photos in our gallery.

The following afternoon we flew back to Okinawa.  Got home about 9pm and we picked Brandon's best friend, Dick, up at the airport the following evening.  And so the adventures continue...

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.