Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Tokyo Disneyland

JAPAN | Wednesday, 2 December 2009 | Views [1422]

We couldn't miss

We couldn't miss "It's a Small World" while we were in Japan!

Friday was our day in Tokyo Disneyland.  It was crowded (but not nearly as crowded as we'd find Tokyo Disney Sea the following day), but we had a lot of fun!  First thing we rode was the Star Wars ride "Star Tours" (I sure do love being married to a guy who shares my interest in sci-fi!)  Although the story was in Japanese, it was fun to see the familiar characters and ride the ride.  We also rode Space Mountain (indoor roller coaster and the only roller coaster I'll ride), Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, MicroAdventure! (Honey, I Shrunk the Audience), and waited in line for 2 1/2 hours for the new Monster's Inc. ride.  (Fortunately, we'd thought to bring a book and booklight [Thanks, Kristin!!!] for me and Brandon's iPod to keep us entertained.)  

We enjoyed "the happiest cruise that ever sailed" in It's A Small World.  Everything in Tokyo Disneyland was decorated for Christmas, so the Haunted Mansion was redecorated in "The Nightmare Before Christmas."  Definitely an interesting twist.  :) 

Of course no Disney trip would be complete without visiting Captain Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean.  We watched a show in The Enchanted Tiki Room where Stitch presented "Aloha E Komo Mai!" and a Christmas show in the Country Bear Theater.  We even got to see an Elvis bear in the Christmas show!  See, he really is following us!  :)

Brandon found a great Stitch hat and had a blast wearing it around the park.  Not only did he get looks because he was tall (although he, himself, says that the average height in Japan is taller than he had thought), but everyone giggled at Stitch.  So much fun!!!  Check out our photos in the gallery.

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.