Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Soup Soup!

JAPAN | Sunday, 25 October 2009 | Views [693]

Megumi's lunch - minestrone soup, clam chowder, a squid ink roll, a butter roll, and

Megumi's lunch - minestrone soup, clam chowder, a squid ink roll, a butter roll, and "white soda."

Megumi and I had a wonderful lunch at Soup Soup on the second floor of Max Furniture and right across from Today!OK.  And no, I'm not kidding.  

We both chose soup sets.  I had a bowl of their clam chowder, which was soy based with peas, carrots, onions, mushrooms, and pieces of clam in it.  It was good, if you could overlook the mushrooms and onions.  :)  Along with the soup came an all-you-can-eat roll bar, where you could choose from all sorts of rolls; from the usual wheat or butter to the more interesting squid ink or seaweed.  Megumi and I both enjoyed the black squid ink rolls (they are more sweetish tasting than scary.)  Megumi also tried their minestrone soup, which she said was very good and she enjoyed her "white soda," a mix of something like a club soda and a white Japanese sports drink.

Overall, we had a nice lunch out together at a cute cafe above and across from furniture stores, munching on squid ink rolls.  Only in Japan, right?  :)

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.