Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Chatan Festival

JAPAN | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [792]

Takoyaki!  Baked dumplings with ocotpus inside, covered in okonomiyaki sause, mayo, and seaweed.

Takoyaki! Baked dumplings with ocotpus inside, covered in okonomiyaki sause, mayo, and seaweed.

We went to the festival on Sunset Beach in our town yesterday.  It was so fun to have Brandon try some of the popular festival foods!  And I was excited to have my yakisoba again - brought back happy memories of festivals and friends in Tokyo and Yokohama.  We went to the festival for an early dinner and got to enjoy some live music from local Japanese artists.  There weren't too many people braving the sunshine, heat, and humidity when we first got there, but by the time we left, people were starting to steadily stream in.  There was plenty of food and games to entertain everyone.  Lots of fun!  I posted a few pictures in the gallery, though next festival, I'll be sure to take some pictures of the food and game booths.  Overall, we had a very fun afternoon, and later in the evening, we enjoyed watching the fireworks from our balcony!  A very fun weekend, for sure!

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.