Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Summer cupcakes!

JAPAN | Thursday, 23 July 2009 | Views [3886]

Megumi and I decorated 48 cupcakes!

Megumi and I decorated 48 cupcakes!

Yesterday was a busy and exciting day!  We had a solar eclipse at 11am here to start things off.  It's the longest total solar eclipse we'll have in the 21st century.  On Okinawa we had 80% of a total solar eclipse, so for a little over 6 minutes we had some of the strangest sunlight I have ever seen in my life.  Due to the fact that it was only 80%, you had to have protective eyewear to actually watch the eclipse, but I enjoyed the eeiry light as I drove to pick up my friend, Megumi.  It was interesting to drive at that time, as everyone was standing outside their work buildings and looking to the sky...reminded me a lot of an "end of the world" movie.  And the lighting only enhanced that feel.  Overall, it was a cool experience.  I posted a pic of the neat ring that appeared in the clouds around the sun about 20 minutes before the eclipse.

Megumi and I decorated 48 cupcakes.  Yes, 48.  We had so much fun together and we think the cupcakes turned out cute.  (More photos in the gallery.)  The mini Teddy Grahams were a bit challenging to "dress," so I'd recommend using the regular size in the future.  I loved delivering them to the two housing agencies near us, the other families in our building, and sending a dozen to work with Brandon.  Lots of fun!  I sure do enjoy making people smile!  And so the dessert diplomacy continues...

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.