Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

A Cow out for a walk....

USA | Saturday, 9 May 2009 | Views [736] | Comments [4]

While I was waiting for cars to pull forward I saw this.

While I was waiting for cars to pull forward I saw this.

I was driving home the other day and I noticed this on the side of the road... I cannot say I've ever seen one cow being lead to its next location.  The cow was well behaved with the cars driving by.  You would think it was just out for a walk.  Its not the first wild life I have seen on my drives home, but it has to be the most interesting.

I also uploaded another picture of a "beetle" that you can buy as a pet.  Now this is definitely something I've never seen in your local pet store.  Not only that but he had friends in cages next to him that were also for sale.  Below the shelf there was all sorts of things you could by for your "beetle."  Oh he was for one low price of YEN 2600 (aprox. $26).  Due to how much they sell for I think if I ever run into one "in the wild" I'm boxing him up and making $20.

Well that's all for now.


-brandon

Comments

1

Hi Brandon,

I'm considering running with the cows next time I go out. We could make a documentary out of it, plus have some great steak to cook on the grill when we're done.

The photo you took in the store looks like a Turkish Stag Beetle. Looks pretty scary! When they say, "don't let the bed bugs bite" I hope they don't mean those.

Thanks for the post! I enjoyed reading it.

John

  John May 10, 2009 8:29 PM

2

Holy cow! (pun intended)

Is that the Japanese version of an Amish buggy?
Why is he walking the cow down the road? (don't say "to get to the other side...")
And how do they get cows to Okinawa in the first place?
Is it a "sea cow"?

How bizarre ~ and entertaining!

aunt deb

  Aunt Deb May 12, 2009 9:17 AM

3

Hmmm....Amish buggy, well I suppose it is possible, but I think he must of forgot the buggy part. :)

...why is the cow walking down the road...To get to the...I mean...to get to the beach! (which just happens to be the direction he was heading) Honestly I have no idea.

"And how do they get cows to Okinawa in the first place?" - Answer: a boat :) ...Unless you are on Firefly (tv show) then it would be by Serenity.

"Sea Cow" hmmm... not sure, but it probably knows Japanese!

Thanks for the post!

  Brandon May 13, 2009 7:52 PM

4

hi aunt Arielle i like moo moo this is micah with mommy's help

  Crystal Nov 10, 2009 7:32 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.