Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

My New Ride!

USA | Sunday, 12 April 2009 | Views [668] | Comments [1]

Me standing in front of the 160 million plane.  Now if they would just let me past that cone!

Me standing in front of the 160 million plane. Now if they would just let me past that cone!

Friday afternoon, the Air Force provided the opportunity to "come see a Raptor, F-22, and meet the pilots."  This was my second time to be able to walk up to the approximately 160 million dollar Fighter and Arielle's first time to see one up close and personal.  Of course, that is not counting the number of times they fly past the apartment.  I will have to admit just like when I saw one for the first time with Dick at an air show I was speechless.

Although, I noticed one of the pilots had to be close to 6ft tall, so I decided there is a possibility I might be able "fit" into the F-22.  While there we took a few photos, which Arielle posted, and I bought a patch from the pilots.  It was a lot of fun to be able to see the best and most advanced Fighter in the world. 

Oh, we did tell the one person working that we hear them fly over our apartment all the time... which he apologized for, but he might have been slightly surprised when we told him that's alright we enjoy watching them fly by.  (As a side note, except for when I am trying to watch Star Trek while eating supper, but I didn't tell him that.)

- Brandon

Comments

1

Brandon, I call shotgun! That would be quite a ride through the blue skies. Stop over and pick me up on the way. Thanks for the post. -John

  John Apr 14, 2009 1:05 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.