Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

American Villiage

USA | Sunday, 1 March 2009 | Views [537]

The ferris wheel at American Village!  A great landmark for all the landmark navigation you have to do on Okinawa.

The ferris wheel at American Village! A great landmark for all the landmark navigation you have to do on Okinawa. "Turn at the ferris wheel." "Go two stop lights past the ferris wheel." etc. It's pretty lit up at night, too.

We had some time to go and explore American Village, a shopping/eating area near our neighborhood.  Very fun!  While we were there, we got to see a Okinawa dance and drum group.  Check out the photos in the gallery.  Some of those kids were r-e-a-l-l-y young!  There were some fun stores to walk around (we found one that was having an awesome Star Wars sale!) and looked like a few places to eat that we'd like to go back and try.  We both had some wonderful Gelato for dessert (I know, it's Italian, not Japanese, but oh so yummy!)  The verdict: although I've never been somewhere in Japan with that many Americans walking around, both of us enjoyed the sites and will definitely go back.

---Arielle

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.