Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

No Internet for 4-6 WEEKS! :(

JAPAN | Monday, 16 February 2009 | Views [804] | Comments [2]

We have moved into the apartment and now have my SMX.  As for the internet it will be 4-6 WEEKS!  That's right I have to go in search for internet if I want to check email until then.  That said I will have fiber internet when it does arrive.  The reason it will take so long is, because they will have to run fiber to the building.

We have also purchased a car for Arielle, although we will not have it until next week.  It's her very own Mitsubishi "Dingo."  It makes her laugh.  Below is a link to an example of what it looks like only her's will be gold colored. http://mitsubishi.pro-motors.ru/content/_large/mitsubishi-516-1.jpg

So now we each have a "box" on wheels.  Although with the amount of room we have in the SMX I wish I could bring it back to the states with me.  (note: the smx only has km/h and not mph)  I am curious and will eventually reseach how much size difference there really is between my Focus ZX3 state-side and the SMX, considering if you would box the Focus out I don't thing there would be much.

Since we will not have internet for awhile updates will be less frequent until we get internet again.  Well off to get food and then groceries.

We've been here 2wks and we still haven't made it to look at the ocean.  Considering it is a block and a half from the apartment, I guess we've been just alittle busy.

Also check out the picture of McDonalds in the SMX photo gallery on our site.  By the way, McDonalds here serves a shrimp and teriyaki chicken sandwiches in addition to the normal McDonalds menu.

-- brandon

Comments

1

Hi guys,
Being somewhat technologically impaired its taken me this long to actually relocate the email and get this web site. Sounds like you are really getting settled in. I remember the McD in Hawai having a oriental noodle soup on its menu. Take care and enjoy. ps Lee is still checking out the maps and airlines for next jan/feb :)
Kristin

  Kristin Feb 19, 2009 3:03 AM

2

Hi Kids ... Even with all your "glitches", you two sound like you are handling your adventure with a great attitude and perspective. I'm not surprised ... more like inspired, by your stories. I'm so glad that you have this journal going. Just know that you are being lifted up in prayer and we miss you. Aunt Lyn

  Aunt Lyn Feb 21, 2009 3:01 AM

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.