Existing Member?

Happily Ever After

Day 5....make that 6

JAPAN | Saturday, 7 February 2009 | Views [568]

Brandon doing his impersonation of

Brandon doing his impersonation of "Rubber Ducky" in our new apartment. He actually fits in the tub!

Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true!

----

We made our way over to the apartment and picked up the keys.  After picking up the keys we went on up to the apartment to check things out, since when we first saw the apartment we were very tired.  While checking everything out I decided to see just how large the tub was.  Somehow there was a camera involved when I sat in the tub.  By the way, Dick will like this one, the ceilings are 10ft tall.  So even I will need a stool to change the light bulbs!

After looking things over we went to the coffee shop near the apartment for lunch.  I had a B.E.L.T (bacon, egg, lettuce, ant tomato) sandwich, which was really good.  I think we will have to go back to that shop again!

Once we finished lunch we went back to the apartment to fill out some paperwork marking any marks/scratches/etc in the apartment.  We also made some decisions on where to put all of the furniture that is coming on Monday.

After we finished that we decided to do some minor exploring.  We made it back to the place we ate on Friday and checked out the 100 Yen store and the grocery store.  Where we picked up a few small things, including a can of "American Cola"..."From U.S.A." it was only 48 yen.

So far I have survived driving, except for once when the graby breaks on the loaner car made the car stop instantly most likely scaring a few locals and another car!  Otherwise, so far so good.  We plan to do some more running around tomorrow and attempt to continue to get a better feel for the area.

If Dell's website works tonight like I want I might have a replacement laptop soon on the way!

Until next time.

-- brandon

About abcarlson

A picturesque setting for a wedding.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.