Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

Railay Beach

THAILAND | Tuesday, 11 November 2008 | Views [358]

Today we left Krabi town for Railay Beach, we took a longtail boat and decided to stay in Rai Leh East because it's cheaper and has more stuff going on.  The west side is where the really nice beach is but it's only like a 10 minute walk from our place.  It was funny, as we were coming into the harbour, we saw some backpackers wading through knee deep water with all their packs on.  Phil said something like, "What the hell are those idiots doing?", 2 seconds after that comment our boat hits bottom and were still about 200 metres to the shore.  It was a long walk in!  Low tide, what are you going to do!  I really like it here though, it's not accesible by road so it feels like an island.  The limestone cliffs are huge and are lit up at night giving the place a very cool look.  Tonight we met 2 really cool Aussie girls at the Stone Bar and spent the night enjoying their company.  I was amazed at the Thai's construction here though.  Once the tide came in, the water was literally 1 ft from the edge of the foundation they were pouring.  I didnt really get why they would build that close to the water!

Tags: first of many nights in railay beach

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.