Existing Member?

The Long & Winding Road

The Dentist and Took

THAILAND | Saturday, 1 November 2008 | Views [379]

Last njight was Halloween but we didnt get dressed up.  I think we were just too full of food from our cooking course so we were pretty unmotivated to go looking for costumes.  We ended up meeting up with Ping Pong again and we made our way back to our stomping grounds of Roots Rock Reggae.  It was a Halloween party but there was barely anyone in costume.  Thank god I didnt show up covered in blood.  I wouldve felt a little outta place.  It was a pretty fun night though.  We met up with some friends from the cooking course and did free shots of tequila and sambuca off of a huge block of ice.  They guy serving them was huge and pretty funny looking with his gold beaded shirt.  We ended up going to another place called the Chiang Mai Bar with some Scottish hirls and one of the guitarists from the band.  By the end of the night I was wearing a scream mask in a tuk tuk back to the guesthouse.  I wish everyone was in costume though cuz Halloween is one of my favourite holidays.  Today I slept in till about 1pm.  It was a pretty late night.  Will and I were walking around and saw a dentist and decided to get ouyr teeth cleaned and polished for 500 baht, about $20 CDN.  Being a freelancer with no dental benefits I had been neglecting my teeth for quite awhile.  The bad news was that they told me I had a cavity and that I should get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in the near future.  I think I'll wait untill Australia or Canada for that surgery though.  At night we checked out the Chiang Mai night bazaar to bargain for t-shirts and Billabong shorts.  I got a Bob Marley shirt and some boardshorts for 15 bucks CDN.  Pretty good deal!  After that we walked across the river to La Brasserie bar to check out a local guitar legend named Took who blew us out of the water.  He was amazing!  Highlight of the night was definitely Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, he nailed the solo perfectly!  I met a girl from France who is living and working in Luang Prabang, Laos.  She was really cool and offered to let me stay at her place in Laos when I get there.  She has an indoor pool too!

Tags: getting my teeth cleaned in thailand

About a_hayes11


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.