Existing Member?

The Goodheart and Whitecorn Adventures "I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." Rosalia de Castro

Oh, Fair New Mexico

USA | Saturday, 15 November 2014 | Views [503]

Hello from New Mexico!!!

Welcome to our first official blog entry :) White corn's mom isn't hip with the 21st century yet and as a result we have not had access to wifi until now. I guess that is good practice for the days to come. We landed safe and sound although a bit blurry eyed on the evening of the 7th. White corn, being the nut that she is, jumped right into a 5k run with her cousins. It was wonderful to run with them, but the altitude did rear its ugly head on the last 1/4 mile. She survived however and enjoyed every minute with the family.

Another exciting stop was Santa Fe. Goodheart had never seen this beautiful city and fell in love with the architecture. Did I mention the weather has been AMAZING?!

We've been spending a good chunk of time in Gallup with WhiteCorn's mom. It is been nice and a bit nostaglic.

We hiked El Morro Monument yesterday. The weather was beautiful and as always, the sight from the top incredible. This hike had been attempted three years ago on Goodheart's first visit to NM but was cancelled due to a stomach bug on WhiteCorn's end. So happy it was accomplished this time around! After a great hike we filled our bellies with some amazing food nearby which included a slice of apple, green chili, pinon pie. YUM.

A few days with WhiteCorn's cousin lie ahead as well as a visit with an old friend. I have a feeling the next time you hear from us we will be in New Zealand!! Love and miss you all!!

W&G

Tags: family, home, new mexico

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.