Existing Member?

Its Opener There in the Wide Open Air Enjoy our stories, our pictures and our love for life!

It's been awhile.....

CANADA | Tuesday, 23 August 2016 | Views [570] | Comments [2]

Its been awhile since I could post so we sure have a lot to update! We had pretty bad service for a couple days and then just bad luck the last time I tried to post! So hopefully this time it will work! Fingers crossed! 

Friday, August 19th- We left Kelowna and we're headed for Revelstoke! We had a long day ahead of us as we decided to take the inland route! So we headed out of Kelowna and made a quick stop in Vernon for food and coffee! And off we went down highway 6.... We went through Lumby and then Cherryville and kept on going until the highway ended at the water! We caught the Needles Ferry which was a cable ferry which Abbey loved! It was a beautiful 15 minute boat ride across the Arrow Lakes with beautiful scenery! Off the ferry and back on the other side of Highway 6! We continued on our way and then made a stop in Nakusp! We thought it was a perfect opportunity to jump in the lake and grab an ice cream! How refreshing that was! After our quick little stop, we continued on our way! We were headed to Galeena Bay to catch another ferry across the Arrow Lakes to Shelter Bay! And after Shelter Bay we landed in Revelstoke! We drove a bit outside Revelstoke and stopped at Canyon Hot Springs! This was where we were going to head out for the next two days and we were pretty excited! We were camping and excited to spend a couple nights out in nature! 

Saturday, August 20th - We woke up and got ready for our day! We headed to find a lake to swim in in Revelstoke! We hit the visitor centre and got a map and off we went! We found a lake and we're excited to swim!  We would of preferred more space to lay down but we made do! We swam out to the dock and then just hung out there because Abbey was too scared to swim with the big fish. So it wasn't quite the lake experience we had hoped for haha but hey, we got the lake in! Haha After that, we headed back to Canyon Hot Springs and spent the next 3 hours in the mineral pools! Abbey was in swimming heaven and we were in sun and swim heaven! After swimming, we went back to the campsite for more relaxing and camp fire! Oh how soul soothing it is to be surrounded by the trees and the air. Medicine for my soul. 

Sunday, August 21st- It was time to pack up again and hit the road! We were heading to Lake Louise and wanted to get there early enough to get some adventuring in! Once we got to Lake Louise, we set up our camp and realized that getting up to Lake Louise was impossible at this time! So we headed into Banff to check out the town and of course get some Banff hoodies! (Abbeys highlight for sure lol) So we spent some time there and headed back to Lake Louise! It was perfect timing, as everyone was headed down we headed up and got prime parking and walked up to check out the stunning views of Lake Louise! Truly took my breath away!!! We stepped in the freezing water and were stunned at how cold it was! Haha we actually thought people could swim in there! It was so beautiful and I fell in love!!! Sunday night we set up our fire to relax only to be greeted with rain, thunder and lightening! Into the car we piled for a very uncomfortable sleep! Haha

Monday, August 22nd- brings us to today! We drove not far to Canmore to spend some time with my good childhood friend Leah! This is where we are for the night and look forward to catching up, hanging out, and staying out of the rain! But brrrrrr it's cold here today! 

 

Thats all for now! Will update again soon! Follow us as we try to stay dry and warm! Haha

Love and Peace

The3ofus

Comments

1

So glad to hear you get to catch up with Leah!

Love reading about your adventures. Hope you are spending lots of time adventuring and not so much time trying to post about them.

- Miranda

  Miranda Aug 23, 2016 7:29 AM

2

Glad your having fun...i need a missing sarah support group meeting

  Less than three Aug 23, 2016 1:23 PM

About 3ofus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.