Existing Member?

Its Opener There in the Wide Open Air Enjoy our stories, our pictures and our love for life!

Day on The Wibit!

CANADA | Saturday, 20 August 2016 | Views [506] | Comments [1]

Thursday, August 18th we woke up to the beautiful sun and an open schedule! Our first stop was obviously going to have to be The Jammery for brunch! I remember going to The Jammery and breakfast being Megans favourite, it was a must do!! After breakfast we originally had plans to take Abbey to the Kangaroo Farm but we changed our minds! Abbey wasn't too keen on it, a very common feeling regarding all petting zoos as she can't predicate their behaviours, or the feeling. So we decided to hit The Okanagan Lake with the Wibit in mind! We didn't tell Abbey just to keep some things a surprise lol Now for those that don't know what a Wibit is, it is a glorious inflatable climbing thing for the water! There is one at Commonwealth Pool is Victoria. But this Wibit, was unlike anything we could of imagined. It was huge, with so many places to climb, slide, jump and go crazy! Every child's dream! And in the middle of a beautiful lake! Abbey's excitement was out of  control  and the look on her face was priceless! We got all signed up and off we went! The fun we had definitely took up the entire day with many jumps, wipe outs and even a minute of Abbey being stuck way at the top of the "glacier" trying to get the courage to jump off! Now let me tell you, watching me on that thing must of been the funniest thing in the entire world. Not very coordinated anymore, and not the best balance, boy did I fall... A lot! LOL Megan was better than me, that's for sure! Must be the dancer in her! Haha Our picture for this post is of the Wibit! After a day in the sun, we went back to our home base at Shelleys to enjoy dinner, wine and chats! Having the opportunity to catch up with someone so dear to my heart was amazing. Shelley supported Abbey and I when Abbey was a little and we were in the thick of her "autistic like behaviours" and Shelley was incredible. The support really helped me get through a trying time and it was great to share Abbeys progress with her! 

 

This is was an incredible two days in Kelowna and today we hit the road again! Check in and see where we land next! 

 

Love and Peace 

The3ofUs

Tags: beaches, lake, road trip, wibit

Comments

1

Less than three

  I miss you come home Aug 20, 2016 8:21 AM

About 3ofus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.