Existing Member?

Postcards The incredible adventures of Madame Putrid and Rotten

Flying Solo

SPAIN | Sunday, 1 February 2009 | Views [529]

Hola,

After clunking away on a robot computer in a games bar for half an hour the attendant came along and unplugged my prepaid computer from the wall, so this is actually the second time I am writing this story.  I apologise if it lacks enthusiasm as a result.  We are in Nerja, a seaside town in the south of Spain.  We spent a few days in Madrid and then Granada (to see the incredible Alhambra) before heading east to Rhonda for a scenic train journey past olive fields and small villages nestled amongst the rugged mountains with the sierra nevada as a backdrop. We hobbled through the streets of Nerja with our packs, mum with a broken toe which she kicked on the side of the bed the night before. We hit a tapas bar attempting to numb her pain a little.  It worked for a while, she managed to pace to the restaurant afterwards at an almost normal speed.  It´s a rainy day in Nerja so we are dissapointed that we haven´t been able to walk along its beaches, but we have spent the morning gazing out at the meditteranian ocean through the window of a cafe, so it´s not all bad. 

Matt has decided to go to Italy and then New York, and I am leaving in a few days for Ecuador on my own.  A bit of a last minute suprise. So all blogging from now on will be an uncombined effort.  Matt might upload some photos from where he is and I am going to see if I can buy a camera so I can do the same.  If any of you know anyone in Ecuador, Peru, Chile or Argentina (where I will be for the next 8 weeks) then please put me in contact with them so I don´t go too cuckoo travelling on my own again. 

Love Anouska

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.