Existing Member?

Postcards The incredible adventures of Madame Putrid and Rotten

Vive Ecuador!

ECUADOR | Monday, 16 February 2009 | Views [971]

'Vive Ecuador, Vive vive vive', shouted a plane full of people as we hit the tarmac in Quito. Unfortunately that was as much life as I saw over the next four days, bed ridden with a stomach bug, fainting, vomiting etc. A doctor came to see me and in all seriousness told me 'no tea, no coffee, no chocolate, y no alcohol'!!!! 'No divertido', I said sadly. Fortunately on Day 5 I was out of bed and exploring Quito. Since, I have gone Ecuador loco and cannot seem to tear myself away from this beautiful country. I am looking at booking extra time here and maybe heading off to the Galapagos islands for a few days. I arrived back from the amazonian jungle late last night. Mel, an aussie girl, and I spent four days in the Cuyabeno reserve in the Oriente fending off tarantulas, enormous flying everythings and Ecuadorian men who brought us flowers in the morning. Mel even received a poem at the doorway of our cabin one morning after breakfast. I want to upload some photos because i have some fantastic ones of our sleazy guide aka 'Rambo' in his blue speedos holding a snake that he yanked down from one of the trees along the river. Also on our way back to the bus I met one of the village people and I had my photo taken with him. Sorry, my battery is dead and charging so you will have to wait for those. I am heading out tonight, possibly dancing, so i will have to hit Mel up for some lessons. I'm not sure what my plans are for the next few days/weeks but will keep you posted. xo Besos.

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.