Existing Member?

Postcards The incredible adventures of Madame Putrid and Rotten

Pitstop

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 January 2009 | Views [544] | Comments [1]

We spent 24 hours in Madrid shopping, eating tapas, drinking red wine and walking around the city parks before heading to the UK for a pitstop, to recharge the batteries before our next busy South America leg. Matt flew to Scotland and I to England.  My first day in London I wandered along the river, read in cafes, visited the Tate Modern gallery and caught a film 'Alfred Hitchcocks - Notorious' at the British Cinema for their Ingrid Bergman week.  Then I met up with Luke and we head out with some of his mates for the night/morning.  So much for recharging the batteries, after a few days of catching up with friends and irresponsibly intoxicating myself every night whilst suffocating my chest infection with cough medicine I had a moment of clarity and decided enough is enough, it's time to relax, sleep and recouperate.  So I head out to my Auntys in Sussex with mum and have spent the last two days eating, sleeping and watching television.  Come to think of it I don't think I have left the house in 48 hours.  Still, we had a really fun time in London.  Mum and I rented a hotel room for a few nights and we lived it up by dining at The Fortnum and Masons Gallery restaurant where Luke works.  We were lavished with free champagne and extras and I fullfilled my craving for oysters once more. Now, completely and utterly relaxed I am really looking forward to heading off again to Spain in a few days - Madrid and down to Granada for a week and a half.

Matt sounds like he is having fun in Scotland.  I think they saw some snow at Becki's place where he is staying.  I will find out more on Monday when we meet up again in Madrid.  Entonces, hasta luego! xo

Comments

1

Hi guys!
Hope you will remember us, we're the French couple you met in Pushkar (with the 2 german) who were about to finish their own world trip, it's good to see you're having a great time!
Just to let you know our door is open for you in Strasbourg if you visit France.
C u
Mathilde and Xavier

  Mathilde and Xavier Feb 28, 2009 8:28 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.