Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Antarctica Photographic Exhibition - Opening Night Success!

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 5 May 2010 | Views [8629] | Comments [1]

photo: Jason Edwards & Anna Zhu

Our Antactica Photographic Exhibition kicked off in style last week with sushi and wine at Michael's Gallery in Melbourne.

Anna Zhu,recipient of the 2009 Travel Photography Scholarship is exhibiting alongside her mentor, National Geographic photographer Jason Edwards. It was amazing to see Antarctica through the lens of a veteran like Jason and an emerging talent like Anna. Their exhibition includes weathered landscapes, candid portraits, kissable wildlife (those divine seals!)and plenty of surprising detail I never expected to see in Antarctica.

We were treated to talks by both Anna and Jason as they regaled us with tales of their Antarctican adventure, and what the future holds. Anna is planning to work with NGO's documenting their important work around the world. Any interested NGO's should visit Anna's website and get in touch. 


The exhibition runs until August 5, so if you're heading to Melbourne drop by and let us know what you think.

Where: Michaels, Cnr Lonsdale & Elizabeth Sts, Melbourne.

When: July 2 - August 4, 2010

Special thanks to Gap Adventures, Michaels, National Geographic Channel, Pentax, Tyrrells and Image Science for helping us put the exhibition together.

Be our next travel photographer, sign up to the scholarships mailing list

 

Jason Edwards

 

 

 

Chris Noble (World Nomads) and Anna Zhu

 

Cool cats enjoying the exhibition.

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

Comments

1

Congratulations Anna, I knew you weren't going to be one to rest on your laurels... looking forward to seeing a lot more from you over the years to come.

  Ant Stone Jul 12, 2010 5:51 PM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.